Sunday, October 16, 2011

10 items for under $10.

Hey beauties, wanna look like a million bucks for under $10? I decided to share some of my makeup that makes me feel glamorous without breaking the bank. Every item that I wore that day is under $10 but they should be worth more because they are really good products. You get a bang for your buck. :)




 PRODUCTS INCLUDE:
1. Hard Candy Sheer Envy Skin Perfecting Primer $7.98 at Walmart. Great size for the $ and goes on very smooth. Helps my foundation last all day.
2. Stila Natural Finish Oil Free Makeup in K. $8.99 at Winners.  Great everyday Foundation that provides medium buildable coverage, works well with darker skin tones that have golden undertones. It does leave skin a bit shiny after a few hours but it doesn't feel heavy or cakey on the skin at all.
3. NYC Loose Translucent powder 741A. $5 at Walmart or $3 on amazon.com. It sets makeup without looking powdery or dry. Just make sure to blend into the skin properly so it doesn't leave an ashy or ghost like look to your face. I use it to set my concealer. Naturally oil-absorbing ingredients help control shine without clogging pores--perfect for all skin types. 
4. Wet N Wild Comfort Zone Eyeshadow Palette $4.77 at walmart. My new favourite eyeshadow palette for neutral eyes or dramatic smokey eyes using green eyeshadow. I love that you can get alot of looks out of this palette and the colours all compliment each other perfectly. All for less than $5.
5. Annabelle Liquid eyeliner in Blackout. $6-7 dollars at Lawtons or Shoppers Drugstore or Walmart. I went to the drugstore one day to look for an affordable liquid eyeliner and stumbled on this one. I wanted to try something from L'oreal or Covergirl b/c they got good reviews but I must say I give it to the underdog in this one. I love this liquid eyeliner. It goes on smoothly. I only have to draw a line once and get great coverage and it dries really quickly.
6. Maybelline Great Lash Mascara $4-5 at any drugstore. This has been around longer than I have-40 years... Its definitely a classic. I love this mascara because of the small wand that picks up every lash and the way its curved makes it easier to get from the root to the tip of the lash.
7. Coastalscents Sunless Body Art Bronzer in Dark $7.95. coastalscents.com The perfect bronzer for my complexion and women of colour. It doesn't make me look muddy or too shimmery. Its just right. Use where the sun would naturally hit your face.
8. Hard Candy Bronzer in Tropics $8 at Walmart. I actually use this as a highlighter because of the gold shimmer. It enhances my natural glow when I use it just above my cheeks after I apply my bronzer. Hard Candy is a really affordable brand that offers really good quality products. I am always checking out their stuff at walmart.
9. Relvon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Black Cherry $6.99 on sale at Shoppers Drugmart. Perfect red lipstick for the fall. I love the deeper tone red lipstick for the vampy look but it also makes me feel a little glamorous when I wear it. Goes on smooth and very pigmented. Didn't even have to line my lips.
10.  Elf Eyelid Primer $3 eyeslipsface.com. My go to eye primer. Keeps eyeshadow in place all day without creasing for less than 5 bucks.


So looking great doesn't have to cost you an arm and a leg and your face :). Go to your nearest walmart or drugstore or even online and look around the cosmetics aisle. They always have deals going on and you'll be surprised that you can find good quality makeup and beauty products that are affordable. Remember we are still in a recession but you don't have to look like it.






1 comment:

  1. What a great post. You really rocked that WnW Comfort Zone palette. It's one of my most used eye shadow palettes. It's so awesome.

    Thanks for sharing this link. By the way, I followed you.

    ReplyDelete