Friday, October 21, 2011

Skin and Hair care routine Part 1

Hi Beauties,
Since it's been getting a bit colder and drier here, its been damaging my skin and hair so I had to change up my routines from the summer for the colder months to come.
DISCLAIMER: I am not an Esthetician or a Hair Stylist but this is what works for my skin and hair right now in the Fall and probably Winter months. A lot of women ask me about my skin care routine so here is PART 1 of this post dealing with my routine for skin and low key makeup. Part II will deal with my hair care routine.
SKIN TYPE: OILY
SKIN PROBLEMS: EXCESS OIL IN T-ZONE, LARGE PORES, DRY PATCHES ON CHIN, SLIGHT BREAKOUTS ON MY CHEEKS, SCARS LEFT FROM ACNE.


Here's my skincare routine:
Products include:
1. FACE WASH/ CLEANSER: L'Oreal Go 360 Clean Deep Facial Cleanser. It comes with a face scrubber. It can be a bit drying though.
2. EXFOLIATOR: Biore Daily Scrub Detoxify Exfoliator -Oil Free. I love this b/c its not too harsh on my skin and the tiny beads do really feel like you are removing all the dead skin cells when you work them in.
3. SKIN RENEWAL: C. Booth Derma M 36 Glycolic Acid Skin Resurfacing Solution-  I use this to help remove old skin cells esp since I have old acne scars due to the amount of melanin in my skin and my face scars easily. It contains about 10% Glycolic Acid and it's gentle enough for me to use it once a day, at nights before I go to bed. Its also ideal for mature skin, this resurfacing solution exfoliates deeper than scrubs and cleansers, sloughing off dead skin cells more thoroughly.
4. BREAKOUTS: Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Stress Control 3-IN- 1 Hydrating Acne Treatment. I use this as my acne spot treatment whenever I have a mild break out. The great thing about it is that it doesn't dry out or irritate the skin around the pimple. It contains salicylic acid which works as a comedolytic agent (kills bacteria) by causing the cells of the epidermis to shed more readily, opening clogged pores and neutralizing bacteria within, preventing pores from clogging up again. It takes about 2-3 days for my skin to clear up.

5. MOISTURIZER: Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief Gel- I use this on my dry patches and sometimes under my eyes. I love this because it comes in gel formula doesn't feel greasy or oily which is great for my oily skin and it does keep my skin moisturized in the areas I need it the most.
6.CHAPPED LIPS: Nivea Hydro Care lip balm- It literally feels like putting water on your lips. Makes my lips soft, smooth and moist. Love it. Don't forget to exfoliate your lips if you have chapped lips.


Low key makeup. I opt not to wear foundation sometimes if I am just going to work at night for a few hours. Just a few basics. We put makeup on sometimes three times in class so my face gets pretty irritated from the makeup and the removing so some days I am glad to go "au naturale", well for the most part. :)



Products for my low key makeup:

1. Clinique Up-lighting Illuminator in Bronze . This is a highlighter but I love this product because it has so many uses. I put it on my cheeks and on my eyelids pretty much to give my skin some radiance and add some dimension because my skin is pretty uneven and dull without foundation.

2. Hard Candy Glow All the Way 24kt gold infused face and body luminizer. I applied this along with the Clinique up- lighting Illuminator on my cheeks.

3. Maybelline Colossal Volume Mascara. I have no eye makeup and my brows aren't filled it so to bring some definition to my eyes I just put two coats of mascara on.

4. Covergirl Queen Collection Au Naturale Lipstick with L'oreal Colorjuice lipgloss 230 Passionfruit squeeze. For nude lips I wear these two together.

5. Forgot to mention I apply Ponds Oil Control Cream all over my face first to soak up any excess oil and keeep me from getting shiny throughout the night. It works up to about 2 hours then I could see a bit of shine but not like a greasepot or anything. lol

MY SKIN DOES LOOK RADIANT. YOU CAN SEE IM BREAKING OUT ON MY FOREHEAD AND I HAVE SLIGHT UNEVEN PATCHES BUT I LOVE MY SKIN ON MOST DAYS. LOL


DAB OF HIGHLIGHTER AND BRONZER ON THE CHEEKS. I AM POSITIVELY GLOWING :)




AT THE BUS STOP ON MY WAY TO WORK.

There you go ladies, my skin care routine. I will post Part II - My hair care over the weekend. Have a good one and stay beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. retino a gel is a type of vitamin A that is utilized to treat acne which appears as spots or pimples on your face, chest, or back. It also assists with smoothing unpleasant facial skin and lessening fine wrinkles on the skin.

    ReplyDelete