Wednesday, June 8, 2011

MAC Surf Baby Pigments

My mother did a MAC haul a few weeks ago in St. Thomas, V.I. and on the list were some crushed metallic stacked pigments from the new MAC line called Surf, Baby! The lure of the endless summer starts here with My Paradise Cheek Powder, Pigments, Summer Stash of Crushed Metallic Pigments, Hibiscus Lipstick and Splashproof Lash Mascara that just won't smudge. (description from www.maccosmetics.com.) Journey to a world where feeling the rush means taking a risk. Hang Ten! The pigments come in a variety of metallic shades and also come in jars that can be stacked on top of each other.


I got  all shades and kept just the colours I liked and gave my mom the silver and light green shades.
 My over all  view of these pigments is that they are just OK. They aren't anything new and their differences to normal MAC Pigments is what actually brought it down to 3 out of 5 stars. I love the richness of the colours especially the golden bronze and violet shade but these pigments are hard to work with. Their texture is very clumpy in the jar (esp the gold., I thought something was wrong with it) and hard to apply without at least wetting the brush but the colour pay off is great. Once you wet the brush you can keep applying til you get the richness in the colour you are looking for.  Each stack with 4 costs $32.50 US which isn't a bad  deal considering one of MACs normal pigments cost about $18 US.


 Eye look using Pearl on the entire lid then Pink in the middle then graphite in the outer corner and in the crease.
Pearl
Eye look using Pink on the entire lid and Graphite in the outer corner ( pink looks more purple to me) lol

PINK ( I still think it looks purple/ violet)

Graphite

Swatch of all three pigments

Eye look using Bronze ( looks gold to me ) on the entire lid and in the crease I used Old Wine which is more bronze to me.

Bronze
They stack up on top of each other.
So all in all I like all the pigments I got and I will definitely be using Bronze and Pink more often.

1 comment:

  1. retino a gel is a mix of two meds, used to treat acne, which shows up as spots or pimples on your face, chest, or back. This medication works by attacking the germs that cause them and revives sun harmed skin.

    ReplyDelete