How to get glowing skin...
Of course glowing skin starts with well exfoliated skin. I exfiolate twice a week(once a week if you have sensitive skin) along with using my 10% Glycolic solution to remove dead skin cells which reveals new radiant skin.
1. I decided to use my Clinique Up-lighting liquid Illuminator in Peach with my foundation to give me radiant skin all over. Add a few pumps into my liquid foundation and apply on my entire face. If you don't use liquid foundation opt for a mineralized powder like MAC Mineralize Skinfinish powder in your shade over well moisturized skin or apply MAC Fix Plus Spray to give your skin a dewy, refreshed finish.
2. Apply a shimmering pale eyeshadow to your eyes. I found a dupe to Gorgeous Gold e/s from MAC from Ardene for less than $3. (can't recall the name) Its a greenish gold colour and it is very pigmented for the price. Any other champange eyeshdow would work like Woodwinked by MAC. Just make sure its pale and shimmery to highlight your eyes.
3. Apply a cream highlighter and blush. For highlighter I used Hard Candy Glow All the way Face and Body Luminizer infused with 24 kt Go. It works perfectly as a highlighter on darker skin. For blush I applied Plumeria from my Fabulous in Fiji Stila palette and topped it with Margin blush by MAC which is a peachy shimmery blush. The key is to find a cream cheek product to giving lasting hold to whatever blush you will use on top. I find creams give the skin a more dewy radiant look also. NARS The Multiple stick in Orgasm is also a really good choice to warm up your cheeks and give you a dewy, youthful radiance. I find it too shimmery for me though. Lancome Colour Design Blush in Model Mocha is also a great choice for darker complexions. It has a warm, golden shade.
4. Keep the lips glossy and neutral. You want a lipgloss that is neutral but still has little some gold flecks in it. A perfect choice for this would be MAC Nymphette lipglass It's pretty semi-sheer concoction of golden shimmered champagne pink with just a touch of green-gold shimmer. I am yet to go pick it up at the store but it is on my wish list. I used Stila 24 kt gold lip gloss in Golden Charm (a sheer warm-toned yellow gold with copper and gold shimmer) not pictured below which I paired with MAC Viva Glam IV lipstick with a Santee nude lipgloss.
5. I opted not to use powder and let my natural radiance shine through since I wasn't going for a matte look.
|THE LOOK IS HOT BUT THE SHOES ARE CRAZY|
|MY LOOK: THRIFTED JACKET, BIZOU SCARF, FOREVER 21 JEGGINGS, STEVE MADDEN BOOTS.|
THE LIGHTING IN THAT AREA WAS BAD SO YOU CAN'T SEE MY FACE CLEARLY.
|PALE SHIMMERY E/S HIGHLIGHTING THE EYES|
|GLOWING CHEEKS AND GLOSSY LIPS|
|ALL PRODUCTS MENTIONED ABOVE EXCEPT FOR THE RIMMEL BLACK KOHL PENCIL IN EXAGGERATE, NYX HD EYESHADOW BASE AND DIOR BLACKOUT MASCARA.|
|THE ARDENE E/S IS A GREAT DUPE FOR MAC GORGEOUS GOLD E/S. THE BROWN E/S IS FROM RIMMEL CALLED BRUN DUSK I USED IT IN THE CREASE.|
|ME AND THE BIRTHDAY BOY LATER THAN NIGHT. MADE HIM SOME RED VELVET CUPCAKES FOR HIS BDAY|
|MAKING A WISH|