Sunday, March 27, 2011

Amazon.com, and drugstore Haul.... can you feel the excitement?

Hi Beauties,
It's me again. I recently got some goodies from amazon.com and from my cousin in Texas who I sent to cvs drugstore.(www.cvs.com) to find some lipsticks for me from the new Covergirl Queen Collection.
Covergirl Queen Collection Powder Puff Pink


Au Naturale


Girly Pink


See red




My Queen Collection Collection
 Overall these lipsticks are pigmented, they are smooth and creamy and very hydrating and I love the smell. I love the nude colours which are pretty and the powderpuff pink is a nice bright pink. The reds were just ok. Overall I give these a 4 out of 5.
Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle Roller


I have been searching for a dark under eye circle treatment for a while and stumbled on this one. This promises to instantly correct dark circles and brighten the eye area. It contains caffeine which with the circulation from the roller ball is supposed to energize and stimulate the eye area and conceal dark circles. Result: The sheer tone which is supposed to be for all skin tones was too light and my under my eyes still looked tired. I give it a 2 out of 5. Its on amazon.com for $15US.


Supposed to sheer but it looks very ashy


NYX White Pearl, Space Pearl and Jade Pearl




My look using White and Space Pearl. I'm also wearing Nude Attitude from Covergirl Queen Collection on my lips.
 I love these pigments, they were like $3 on amazon.com. They are very pigmented and so affordable. I would even say comparable to MACs expensive pigments. I give them 5 out of 5.
MIA Secret Crackle Nail Polish
MIA Crackle polish over ELF Lilac Polish
 So I have been waiting patiently to try this new trend in nail polishes. OPI recently came out with Shatter which when applied over another polish it gives this cracked effect which I thought was so cool. However it was like $20 US, I wanted it but not that bad. So I did my research and found this MIA Secret Crackle Polish on amazon.com for about $5 US which promised the same effect as the OPI one. MIA offers a variety of colours in the crackle polish but I choose black like the OPI shatter. I tried it out and I can say I am not crazy about it. I like it but I am not blown away by the results. It looks better in the ads. In real life it looks very dull so I had to add a top coat over it. I give it a 3 out of 5.




MAC Eye Kohl in Smolder

MAC Smolder is one of the best eye kohls I have ever come across. It is very black and creamy so it goes on smooth and easily. I got this on amazon.com for $11US where as its bout $16US in MAC stores. I fell in love with feline but it was limited edition and smolder is the next best thing from MAC. 5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment